Friday, June 12, 2009

Latest Hauls

Lately Ive been particularly interested in bargain hunting. With my friends' increasing interest in makeup and their need for my guidance, I find that most of them complain when I show them MAC or Urban Decay products because they are too expensive and hardly ever have sales. So Ive been shopping drugstore products and looking for great items at the cheapest price possible. Lash Blast by Covergirl is a fan favorite so I went to Ulta online to check it out. 

My Deals:
-Originally 8 Dollars
-Cut down to 7 dollars
-Buy 1 get 1 half off (I got original in black and waterproof in very black)
-My cart had 10.5 dollars in it. Guess what? A purchase over 10 dollars gets 3.5 dollars off.
-With my two large tubes of mascara for a mere 7 bucks, I also selected 3 free samples

AMAZING!! When they got here I was so excited. The brush is large, but causes for no clumps and it is pretty easy to work with once you get the hang of it. It adds some length and a little volume, which is actually better than most other drugstore mascaras. I like the waterproof better for some reason.......For a deal like that, it is a MUST HAVE!! (PS. Im enjoying my samples as well!)



Another sweet deal I got was from my local CVS drugstore which has a small stack of cardboard cubbyholes which stash their tiny selection of NYX products. I was interested in a couple of their lip pencils (2 bucks each. Couldn't resist). With four in hand, I walked up to the register and the guy said, "Oh these are on sale. Buy 2 get 2 free." I walked outta there with 4 quality lip pencils for a mere 4 dollars. $$Cha-Ching$$ I've used one of them in Rose for a nice pinkish red lip and thought that it really got the job done. 



If you're looking for deals, Ulta's your place. Although I like online shopping, going to the store is excellent because you know exactly what you're going to get and there seem to be endless deals on everything. I get great deals there all the time and I have one that is pretty local. CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlet) is fantastic as well, but the nearest one to me is two hours away. I'm not planning on paying 20 extra dollars on gas for 5 dollars off an item, but if it's just on my way somewhere, I ALWAYS stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment