Thursday, June 11, 2009

MAC Cream Color Bases

MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

I only have one cream color base. I admit it. I do, however, want some more, but there are no colors that I really want. I purchased "Pearl" because a good friend used it in the inner corner of her eyes and it really made her eyes pop. The name, Cream Color Base, does make you think that it'd be a very good eyeshadow base. I've only used it as an eyeshadow base once and it was just so disappointing. if you're looking for an eyeshadow base, don't get these. Get a paint pot or paint if you want MAC, better yet get Urban Decay Primer Potion from Urban Decay. The cream color bases crease like crazy!! They are nice for the first hour and really bring out pigmentations of eyeshadows. Then it just goes all wrong..................

Here is a list of pros and cons:

Cons:
-Creases Eyeshadows
-Not for all skin tones
-Greasy liquid gathers on the top of it 
-Melts in hot weather

Pros: 
-Beautiful highlighter in the corners of eyes, along the bridge of your nose, and other places
-Creamy and easy to apply
-Can be applied with fingers
-Shimmery and beautiful

The third con needs a little bit of explanation. I purchased this online which was such a mistake. After all the transportation it had melted a little and I didn't feel like the consistency ever went back to what it was in the first place. If I don't use Pearl for awhile, I open it and find a few droplets of water sitting on the top and some condensation. This is understandable for a cream product, but a little bothersome to wipe up. 

Overall, I really enjoy this product. I use it mostly in winter because I get very tan during summer. It wakes you up in winter when everyone else looks tired and dull.  

No comments:

Post a Comment